Saturday, June 13, 2015

Best in Blogs June 7-13 #amwriting #amreading

Here's my weekly roundup. Did one of these speak to you? Let me know in the comments!

Project Mayhem
A look into the confidence of iconic authors
"A few years ago I went to a writing conference and the most memorable breakout session was taught by Bill Kenower from Author Magazine, who interviews tons of authors about their writing process. He chose a clip from an interview with Louis Sachar to share with us."

Operation Awesome
Looking for a marketing tip?
"I'm going to an event cross-country in Nashville, UtopYA Con, and one of the things that's been stressing out all of the authors attending is how many books to bring with us to sell and/or sign. "

Emblazoners
Not sure what to do with Pinterest?
"I’ve finally found a use for Pinterest. I’d heard several authors mention that they use the site for collecting images that inspire their writing or for organizing their ideas. Neither worked for me, so I wrote Pinterest off as a place to browse recipes."

Janice Hardy's Fiction University
Three new vocabulary words (for me at least!) and three strong writing techniques
"I'm a huge fan of Aaron Sorkin, who writes some of the best dialog in the business. If you’re a fan of The West Wing, you’ve seen a particular trio of literary devices used in almost every speech President Bartlett gives."

Marcy Kennedy
A post perfect for new writers and a reminder for everyone else!
"Here are 10 writing mistakes that kill your first chapter (in no particular order). Get them before they get you!"

Writing from the Peak
An excellent writer's group in Colorado
"We writers often linger too long in the beginning of our books, bogged down in what turns out to be a warm up. We are fascinated by what we are learning about our characters and the world they live in. We swim through tons of history – it’s all relevant, right?"



No comments:

Post a Comment