Saturday, March 14, 2015

Best in blogs March 9-13, 2015 #amwriting #amreading

Welcome to this week's installment of great posts from some of my favorite blogs.

The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment
Matthew McNish shares many things writerly, including query letter feedback.
"A Call for Minions: 2015 April A to Z Challenge
It's that time of year again!
Yes, I know I skipped it last year, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I know what I'm getting into this year, but I've barely been blogging lately, so I thought signing up to co-host the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year might help kickstart my blogging bug again."

Project Mayhem
The Manic Minds of Middlegrade Writers
"To Catch A Leprechaun! Keeping Myths and Magic Alive by Donna Galanti
Leprechaun Trap (designed by my son)
Items needed: 
One large plastic cup with a rim
String
Toothpicks
Green glitter and Lucky Charms cereal"

Sarah Negovetich
Agent and author Sarah Negovetich discusses agenting and indie publishing
"There are approximately 1.2 billion* blog posts available at this exact moment about how to use Amazon keywords. They are all full of helpful information that can be a great starting place for your keywords."

Nathan Bransford
Nathan Bransford has been an agent and author and discusses great writing topics, including posing this thought provoking question.
"You are visited by a genie. He offers you two choices.
One, your book will become a runaway commercial success and you will want for nothing. You will sell bazillions of copies, make bazillions of dollars, but even though it's popular, pretty much everyone thinks your book sucks.
Two, your book will not sell that well, but it will be remembered forever. You will win a major award and be widely regarded as a notable writer, but you will receive very little financial benefit and will have to continue to scramble to make ends meet.
What do you choose?"


Ink in the Book
Follow one author's journey - and what do you want as an author?
"With today's access to the world via Internet, I’ve come in contact with hundreds of websites. Who hasn’t, right? As a writer, looking for the perfect agent to represent my manuscript (s) it’s been a tempting temptation to put my work out there to anyone who is interested. I mean that’s what all authors want, isn’t? To have a published book by anyone who is willing to print it?"

Adventures in YA Publishing
Great conversation and amazing book giveaways!
"Today we welcome one of the founding members of #WeNeedDiverseBooks to the blog. Author Stacey Lee shares some great tips for writing delicious dialogue...though I have to disagree with her on one thing: I LOVE plotting! Thank you, Stacey, for making us all hungry for some Ben & Jerry's!"

No comments:

Post a Comment